19 C
San Diego
Friday, September 30, 2022

Cigarette Starts Apartment Fire in East Village

CrimeCigarette Starts Apartment Fire in East Village

Photo via Wikimedia Commons

No injuries were reported in a high-rise blaze Friday after a cigarette ignited a mattress in East Village.

Firefighters found smoke from a fourth-floor apartment and a sprinkler system activated at a high-rise complex at 901 F St. around 12:30 a.m., according to San Diego Fire & Rescue.

Crews of 45 personnel knocked down the flames by 1 a.m. and closed their incident by 1:49 a.m.

SDFD did not report any displacements due to the fire.

–City News Service

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles